Should I do a juice cleanse? Do I really need 8 glasses of water a day? Is it actually possible to "boost" my immune system? You’re constantly bombarded with news stories, ads, and social media posts telling you how to optimize your health—but a lot of these sources that pretend to be backed by science have another agenda. Dr. Jen Gunter is here to bust the lies you’re told—and sold—about your health, debunking some of the stickiest myths out there while helping you to understand how your body really works. Produced in partnership with Transmitter Media.
- We’ve been told products like goji berries and pomegranate juice will boost your immune system—but attempts at “boosting” your immune system can do more harm than good. In fact, over the counter supplements contribute to over 20,000 ER visits per year! So is there a safe way to boost our immune syst...Play35m 35s
- Got milk? When it comes to building strong bones, you shouldn’t just stick to the dairy aisle—but many people are starting to skip it all together, with a demonic narrative evolving around milk in recent years. So which should we believe? To find out, Jen travels to the hills of Mongolia to learn al...Play27m 58s
- There are only two mammals who have evolved to survive after their child bearing years: toothed whales and humans. This stage of life is called menopause, and it makes humans an evolutionary wonder! But our perception of it has been shaped by centuries of stigma and shame—up until recently it was ev...Play30m 34s
- When most people think about poop, they think about shame and embarrassment. It’s something they don’t want to talk about and that prevents us from learning things—like the number of times a day we should be going number two—that can keep us healthy! On this episode, Dr. Jen tells us why some of the...Play30m 13s
- Glowing skin, increased energy, higher mental function and weight loss: These are just a few of the benefits we have been promised for the low cost of 8 glasses of water a day. But can this magical elixir really do all that it claims? Dr. Jen Gunter takes us behind the fascinating (and scandalous) h...Play33m 23s
- Dr. Jen Gunter is here to bust the lies you’re told—and sold—about your health. Each week she'll debunk a medical myth while helping you to understand how your body really works.Play2m 10s