Host Gloria Riviera, “Call it Like it Is” Special Correspondent Kristen Bell, parents, and providers zoom in on America’s childcare crisis and the people crushed by it. Access to high-quality childcare and early education determines so much of a kid’s future…and their family’s sanity. Laugh, cry, be outraged, and hear solutions in this four-part series that explains why child care is broken and how we can fix it. No one is coming to save us — we need to save ourselves. Presented by Neighborhood Villages.
- Andy Slavitt, President Biden’s Senior Advisor on COVID-19, is back from the White House to his chair on the award-winning In the Bubble podcast. Just as he took us through the pandemic, this 10-week series called Our Shot is about leading us out. It’s an insider’s guide for getting closure on what...Play22m 3s
- Gloria chats with Elizabeth Warren about how we transform our country’s broken childcare system into one that’s accessible for all. “This is the moment to raise your voice. We have this opportunity to do it, but it's going to take all of us to push until it gets done.” Then, we meet a ragtag group o...Play51m 26s
- Gloria explores the many places where childcare is working for parents – from Berlin, Germany, to Quebec, Canada, and even Patagonia HQ in Ventura, California. “Women are able to go back to work, families can actually afford good childcare, and the system more than pays for itself? Am I on another p...Play46m 2s
- Gloria investigates where everything went wrong for childcare in America, and Kristen Bell joins to give Nixon a piece of her mind. “That's the sound of progress dying in the crucible of American politics.” Gloria digs into the shame, guilt, and divisions baked into our earliest day nurseries, and r...Play57m 7s
- Gloria breaks down how we’re all breaking down: parents, teachers, and providers. And Kristen Bell joins to “call it like it is” on the cost of childcare. Parents are languishing on waitlists or drowning in tuition bills. Teachers are underpaid. And providers can barely afford to keep the lights on....Play45m 40s
- A new limited series hosted by Gloria Riviera and featuring Kristen Bell about America's broken childcare system and how we fix it. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.Play4m 32s