Narrated by Elle Fanning, One Click is a limited documentary podcast series from C13Originals, in association with Vespucci, that explores how a single click on the internet can change your life forever. Season 1 tells the story of DNP (2,4-dinitrophenol), an explosive chemical originally used in WWI-era munitions factories that is now being sold on the internet as a diet pill leaving hundreds dead in its wake. This is a story about the risks of buying unknown substances on the internet -- where the spread of information transcends borders -- and how toxic beauty standards and body image issues have fueled a demand for a pill that can kill you. Together, actress Elle Fanning and journalist Jessica Wapner trace the history of DNP and reckon with the question of why. Why, despite the perils, have so many turned to DNP and what does it say about the health of our society?
- A mother’s quest for justice spurs a global hunt for DNP sellers. And one dealer’s body count keeps climbing. For eating disorder stats and general help, check out NEDA at www.nationaleatingdisorders.org. If you need treatment for an eating disorder but don't know where to start or can't afford it,...Play35m 21s
- From the first celebrity diet in the 1800s to the heroin chic models of the 1990s, women’s bodies have long been criticized and shamed. And when the internet arrives, DNP is there to exploit those vulnerabilities. For eating disorder stats and general help, check out NEDA at www.nationaleatingdiso...Play42m 31s
- More than fifty years after DNP was removed from pharmacy shelves, it makes a harrowing return. A chance encounter between a disgraced doctor and a steroid-obsessed trainer gives it the perfect reentry. For eating disorder stats and general help, check out NEDA at www.nationaleatingdisorders.org....Play37m 22s
- After a World War I explosive causes plummeting weight loss among factory workers, enterprising scientists try to create a miracle drug. By the time they realize their mistake, it’s too late. For eating disorder stats and general help, check out NEDA at www.nationaleatingdisorders.org. If you need...Play39m 36s
- Two similar yet unrelated deaths in different parts of the country lead to the same agonizing conclusion -- cause of death unknown. Eventually, both cases reveal a gruesome truth: an obsession with weight loss led them, and many others, to be cooked alive from the inside. For eating disorder stats...Play39m 40s
- Welcome to season 1 of One Click, a limited documentary podcast series from C13Originals, in association with The Vespucci Group, narrated by Elle Fanning. This series explores how a single click can change a life forever. This season, One Click tells the story of DNP (2,4-dinitrophenol), an explosi...Play2m 56s