In 2018, a group of Navy SEALs broke ranks and accused their chief, Eddie Gallagher, of murder—sucking them all into the biggest war crimes trial in a generation. Did a Navy SEAL cross the line in Iraq? Dan Taberski (“Running from COPS”) takes you inside that courtroom for the first time, peeling back the curtain on how America wages its wars now and revealing the story that the media covering the trial blew right past. Through intimate conversations with over 50 special operators, the series explores just how blurred the line between right and wrong has become in the forever wars—and what that’s doing to the hearts and minds of those we send to fight them.New Episodes on Tuesdays. An Apple Original podcast produced by Jigsaw Productions. Listen and follow on Apple Podcasts.
- In the series finale: the bombshell explained, the verdict, and the bombshell after the bombshell. And finally, the impact of 20 years of war on special operators gets a name. An Apple Original podcast, produced by Jigsaw productions. Listen and follow on Apple Podcasts. The Line: The War Within -...Play50m 53s
- The war crimes trial reaches the main event—did Eddie Gallagher stab and kill a prisoner? A jaw-dropping bombshell throws everything into question. An Apple Original podcast, produced by Jigsaw productions. Listen and follow on Apple Podcasts.Play40m 24s
- If you can’t see the line anymore, how can you tell when you've crossed it? The trial of Eddie Gallagher begins. And we look back a decade at Mosul...and the toll of impossible decisions. An Apple Original podcast, produced by Jigsaw productions. Listen and follow on Apple Podcasts.Play36m 7s
- What would you do if your spouse—who is, among other things, a professional killer—were arrested and charged with war crimes? Andrea Gallagher tackles her new reality by going on the offensive. How much wiggle room is there between right and wrong in war? An Apple Original podcast produced by Jigs...Play34m 35s
- What makes a SEAL? Drawing on conversations with more than 50 special operators, Dan asks what makes someone able to (or want to) push their body and soul to the limit. And SEAL Chief Eddie Gallagher addresses the accusations made against him, the blunt reality of killing, and good versus evil. An...Play38m 29s
- In 2017, during the Battle for Mosul in Iraq, a young ISIS fighter is taken prisoner and brought to the SEALs of Alpha Platoon, SEAL Team 7. The prisoner dies in their custody—and the SEALs from Alpha Platoon accuse their chief, Eddie Gallagher, of war crimes. The accusations are one more scandal i...Play41m 32s
- Explore the impact of the forever wars on the U.S. Navy SEALs through the lens of the Eddie Gallagher case. Listen and follow on Apple Podcasts.Play2m 19s