I’ve spent over 20 years studying the emotions and experiences that bring meaning and purpose to our lives, and if there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s this: We are hardwired for connection, and connecting requires courage, vulnerability, and conversation. I want this to be a podcast that’s real, unpolished, honest, and reflects both the magic and the messiness of what it means to be human. Episodes will include conversations with the people who are teaching me, challenging me, confusing me, or maybe even ticking me off a little. I'll also have direct conversations with you about what I’m learning from new research, and we'll do some episodes dedicated to answering your questions. We don’t have to do life alone. We were never meant to.
- This is Part 2 of our two-part series on daring leadership, where I unpack four more common types of armor that we use to self-protect when we're in fear. These barriers include creating a fitting-in culture versus a belonging culture; fostering a scarcity-based culture versus modeling that we are e...Play35m 48s
- The greatest barrier to daring leadership is not fear; the greatest barrier is armor, or how we self-protect when we're in fear. This is Part I of a two-part series, where I unpack the most common types of armor, including being a knower versus being a learner, tapping out of hard conversation versu...Play44m 56s
- Brené with Tim Ferriss and Dax Shepard on Podcasting, Daily Practices, and the Long and Winding Path to HealingIt’s a podcasters’ roundtable! In this episode, Tim Ferriss, Dax Shepard, and I talk about everything from preparing for podcasts, parenting, and ping pong, to addiction, trauma, and the long, winding road to healing and wholeness. It’s fun and hard and messy. Everything you’d expect from three peop...Play1h 43m 33s
- Austin Channing Brown’s anti-racism work is critical to changing our world, and her ability to talk about what is good and true about love, about our faith, and about loving each other is transformative. She is a writer, a speaker, and a media producer providing inspired leadership on racial justice...Play1h 4m 43s
- Strap yourselves in! In this episode, I talk to my dear friend and sister Cheetah, Glennon – author of the New York Times #1 bestseller, Untamed. This is an honest conversation about walking away from the lifelong training that keeps us small, quiet, and afraid, and embracing our wild, brave hearts....Play1h 6m 15s
- Join researcher and #1 New York Times best-selling author Brené Brown as she unpacks and explores the ideas, stories, experiences, books, films, and music that reflect the universal experiences of being human, from the bravest moments to the most brokenhearted. Subscribe now for updates.Play30s