The Jordan Harbinger Show
(Apple's Best of 2018) In-depth conversations with people at the top of their game. Jordan Harbinger unpacks guests' wisdom into practical nuggets you can use to impact your work, life, and relationships. Learn from leaders (Ray Dalio, Simon Sinek, Mark Cuban), entertainers (Moby, Tip "T.I." Harris, Dennis Quaid), scientists (Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye), athletes (Kobe Bryant, Dennis Rodman, Tony Hawk) and an eclectic array of fascinating minds, from art forgers and arms traffickers to spies and psychologists.
- 30 JUL 2021541: Spare the Pity Party; My Life is Just Restarting | Feedback Friday53m 51s
How can you move on from a past tragedy when everyone you meet wants to throw you a pity party? We'll explore this and more here on Feedback Friday!
- 29 JUL 2021540: Daryl Davis | A Black Man's Odyssey in the KKK Part Two54m 12s
How does a black man convince at least 200 KKK members to hang up their robes for good? Musician Daryl Davis shares his secrets here! [Part 2/2]
- 27 JUL 2021539: Daryl Davis | A Black Man's Odyssey in the KKK Part One1h 5m 21s
How does a black man convince at least 200 KKK members to hang up their robes for good? Musician Daryl Davis shares his secrets here!
- 23 JUL 2021538: Already Dreading Your Abusive Brother's Wedding | Feedback Friday54m 43s
Should you speak at the wedding of your brother who sexually abused you when you were eight? We'll try to help you find an answer here on Feedback Friday.
- 22 JUL 2021537: Kevin Kelly | 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future1h 15m 31s
Kevin Kelly is the founding editor of Wired magazine and author of The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future.
- 20 JUL 2021536: Julia Galef | Why Some People See Things Clearly and Others Don't1h 15m 22s
Julia Galef is the host of the Rationally Speaking podcast, co-founder of The Center for Applied Rationality, and author of The Scout Mindset: Why Some People See Things Clearly and Others Don't.
- 16 JUL 2021535: Should Siblings Unite to Confront Abusive Parents? | Feedback Friday52m 51s
Is it worth trying to unite your siblings for a confrontation with your abusive parents to gain a sense of closure? We'll get into this and more here on Feedback Friday!
- 15 JUL 2021534: Greg McKeown | How to Make What Matters Effortless1h 14m 57s
Essentialism champion Greg McKeown joins us to talk about his latest book, Effortless: Make It Easier to Do What Matters Most.
- 13 JUL 2021533: Tristan Harris | Reclaiming Our Future with Humane Technology1h 12m 55s
Former Google design ethicist and Your Undivided Attention co-host Tristan Harris joins us to talk about using humane technology to reclaim our future.
- 09 JUL 2021532: A Veteran Fights to Be Free from Smack and PTSD | Feedback Friday53m 19s
A veteran returns from war to fight a new battle on two fronts: heroin and PTSD. We'll try to help him find a way through it here on Feedback Friday.
- 08 JUL 2021531: Bob Arno | Schooled by the Professor of Pickpocketry Part Two53m 34s
Pickpocket King Bob Arno joins us to talk about the psychology of a pickpocket -- what they're looking for in an ideal victim and what you can do to ensure you're not that victim. [Part 2/2]
- 06 JUL 2021530: Bob Arno | Schooled by the Professor of Pickpocketry Part One52m 53s
Pickpocket King Bob Arno joins us to talk about the psychology of a pickpocket -- what they're looking for in an ideal victim and what you can do to ensure you're not that victim.
- 02 JUL 2021529: Qualms about QAnon Mom and Her Starseed Schtick | Feedback Friday54m 11s
Your QAnon-believing Mom thinks she's a half-alien starseed, and you've had enough. Is there room in your life for her? This and more on Feedback Friday!
- 01 JUL 2021528: Ulrich "The Mole" Larsen | Undercover in North Korea Part Two1h 1m 11s
Ulrich "The Mole" Larsen is a family man from Denmark who spent 10 years undercover in North Korea infiltrating its illicit arms trade. [Pt. 2 of 2]
- 29 JUN 2021527: Ulrich "The Mole" Larsen | Undercover in North Korea Part One1h 4m 37s
Ulrich "The Mole" Larsen is a family man from Denmark who spent 10 years undercover in North Korea infiltrating its illicit arms trade. [Pt. 1 of 2]
- 25 JUN 2021526: What to Do When Your Teen Attempts Suicide | Feedback Friday53m 9s
Your teenager's attempted suicide came as a heartbreaking shock. What can you do to make sure she doesn't try again? This and more on Feedback Friday!
- 24 JUN 2021525: Robert H. Frank | The Myth of Meritocracy0s
Cornell's Robert H. Frank joins us to talk about the oft-downplayed role of luck in success and how we can maximize its effects.
- 22 JUN 2021524: Nicholas Christakis | Pandemic Impacts and Contagious Behavior1h 11m 48s
We're joined by Yale's Nicholas Christakis to discuss the enduring impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and how social networks make our very behavior contagious.
- 18 JUN 2021523: Defusing the Drama Around Your Intoxicated Mama | Feedback Friday48m 36s
Is there anything you can do to defuse the drama around your alcoholic mama? We'll try to find answers to this and more here on Feedback Friday!
- 17 JUN 2021522: Daniel Pink | To Sell Is Human1h 10m 53s
Daniel Pink is the author of To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others, which offers a fresh look at the art and science of sales.
- 15 JUN 2021521: Neil deGrasse Tyson | Cosmic Queries for the Acutely Curious1h 35s
Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson rejoins us to discuss his latest book, Cosmic Queries: StarTalk's Guide to Who We Are, How We Got Here, and Where We're Going.
- 11 JUN 2021520: Medical Meddling's Wack from Bipolar Hypochondriac | Feedback Friday53m 52s
Your bipolar hypochondriac mom won't stop meddling in your medical affairs. How can you get her to back off? This and more on Feedback Friday!
- 10 JUN 2021519: Dacher Keltner | The Power Paradox50m 11s
UC Berkeley psychology professor Dacher Keltner joins us to talk about his book The Power Paradox: How We Gain and Lose Influence. [Note: this is a rebroadcast from the vault.]
- 08 JUN 2021518: Daniel Kahneman | When Noise Destroys Our Best of Choices1h 8m 23s
Celebrated psychologist, economist, and Nobel Prize winner Daniel Kahneman joins us to discuss his latest book, Noise: A Flaw in Human Judgment.
- 04 JUN 2021517: Trouble Runs Deep with the Neighborhood Creep | Feedback Friday1h 3m 8s
How can you prove that the pedophile psychopath who lives across the street is a danger to you and your community? This and more here on Feedback Friday!
- 03 JUN 2021516: Mike Massimino | Unlocking Science Secrets with an Unlikely Spaceman1h 11m 56s
Astronaut Mike Massimino sent the first tweet from space and wrote Spaceman: An Astronaut’s Unlikely Journey to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe.
- 01 JUN 2021515: James Jani | Repelling the Law of Attraction Myth1h 27m 24s
Documentary YouTuber James Jani joins us to dismantle the law of attraction myth and other woo woo tom-foolery disguised as self-improvement.
- 28 MAY 2021514: Distancing from Junkie Sibling's Self-Jinxing | Feedback Friday54m 44s
Tough love is tough from all sides. How can you distance yourself from your junkie sibling's self-jinxing relapses? This and more on Feedback Friday!
- 27 MAY 2021513: Charlamagne Tha God | The Opportunities of Black Privilege1h 58s
In this episode from the vault, Charlamagne Tha God joins us to talk about his book Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It.
- 25 MAY 2021512: Michio Kaku | The Quest for a Theory of Everything1h 20m 3s
Theoretical physicist Dr. Michio Kaku joins us to talk about his latest bestseller, The Quest for a Theory of Everything.
- 21 MAY 2021511: Does a Reformed Abuser Deserve a Second Chance? | Feedback Friday57m 18s
Does a reformed abuser deserve a second chance? If so, how does he prove he's really changed? This and more here on Feedback Friday!
- 20 MAY 2021510: Rob Reid | Why the Future is a Good Kind of Scary1h 32m 18s
After On's Rob Reid joins us to discuss a future where both viruses and their vaccines will be printable on demand and why that's a good kind of scary.
- 18 MAY 2021509: Sam Harris | Making Sense of the Present Tense1h 17m 15s
We're joined by neuroscientist and philosopher Sam Harris to discuss Making Sense: Conversations on Consciousness, Morality, and the Future of Humanity.
- 14 MAY 2021508: Shaking an Unsuitable Stalking Suitor | Feedback Friday1h 2m 25s
How can your sister best protect herself from a stalker ex-boyfriend's deranged threats to ruin her life? This and more here on Feedback Friday!
- 13 MAY 2021507: Robert Cialdini | A New Look at the Science of Influence1h 31m 19s
Godfather of influence Robert Cialdini joins us to talk about his revisited classic, Influence, New and Expanded: The Psychology of Persuasion.
- 11 MAY 2021506: Tim Grover | The Unforgiving Race to Greatness1h 21m 41s
Legendary trainer to the stars Tim Grover joins us to discuss the heart of his latest book, Winning: The Unforgiving Race to Greatness.
- 07 MAY 2021505: Special Needs Son Seduced by Psycho Siren | Feedback Friday58m 36s
How can you pry your special needs son away from marriage with a legitimate psychopath (and convicted murderer) before it's too late? This and more on Feedback Friday!
- 06 MAY 2021504: Lt. Col. Oliver North | Lessons from the Tragedies of War1h 17m 30s
We're joined by Lt. Col. Oliver North to discuss what the Iran–Contra affair looks like after 30+ years in the rearview mirror and much more.
- 04 MAY 2021503: Cal Newport | Reimagining Work in a World without Email1h 23m 13s
Productivity maestro Cal Newport joins us to help debuzz modern society's hyperactive hive mind as detailed in his latest book, A World without Email.
- 30 APR 2021502: How Do I Tell Daughter Her Dad Is Dying? | Feedback Friday54m 12s
The father of your eight-year-old daughter has been given six months to live. How much do you tell your daughter -- and how soon? This and more here on Feedback Friday.
- 29 APR 2021501: Ed Calderon | Survival Secrets of a Drug War Veteran Part Two52m 23s
Ed Calderon is a security specialist with over 10 years of experience in organized crime investigation and public safety on the US-Mexico border.
- 27 APR 2021500: Ed Calderon | Survival Secrets of a Drug War Veteran Part One49m 44s
Ed Calderon is a security specialist with over 10 years of experience in organized crime investigation and public safety on the Mexican border.
- 23 APR 2021499: Preparing a Polyamorous Protection Plan | Feedback Friday54m 59s
On this Feedback Friday, we'll help you prepare a polyamorous protection plan should your love triangle get bent out of shape!
- 22 APR 2021498: Rob Dyrdek | Manufacturing Amazing with the Dyrdek Machine1h 23m 31s
Reality show personality and entrepreneur Rob Dyrdek joins us to talk about optimizing outcomes with his venture creation studio Dyrdek Machine.
- 20 APR 2021497: David Kilgour | The Heartless Art of Forced Organ Harvesting1h 4m 11s
It sounds like an urban myth, but prisoners are being harvested for their organs in China. Former Canadian Parliament member David Kilgour joins us to share the terrible details.
- 16 APR 2021496: Schizophrenic Mother a Duty Like No Other | Feedback Friday1h 7m 13s
How can you ensure your schizophrenic mother gets the care she needs without taking on a burden that eclipses your entire life? This and more here on Feedback Friday!
- 15 APR 2021495: Jon Acuff | The Surprising Solution to Overthinking1h 16m 15s
NYT bestselling author Jon Acuff joins us to discuss his latest book, Soundtracks: The Surprising Solution to Overthinking.
- 13 APR 2021494: Rutger Bregman | Humankind: A Hopeful History1h 14m 36s
Daily headlines bringing you down? Take heart by listening to our conversation with Humankind: A Hopeful History author Rutger Bregman here!
- 09 APR 2021493: Should You Sue Uncle Sam for Allegation Sham? | Feedback Friday52m 11s
Your military career was derailed by accusations of misconduct proven untrue, but you've been denied back pay or promotions due. Should you sue?
- 08 APR 2021492: Michael Shermer | Why We Believe Weird Things1h 17s
Famed skeptic Michael Shermer joins us to make sense of a question as old as our most distant ancestors: why do we believe weird things?
- 06 APR 2021491: Ray Dalio | The Changing World Order1h 31m 47s
Legendary investor Ray Dalio returns for a history lesson as outlined in his latest book, The Changing World Order: Why Nations Succeed and Fail.